Upstairs there was a choir loft and a confessional, which we decided to turn into a bedroom and a closet.
The first step was to tear out the wall in between the choir area and the confessional, and then frame up the entire area into two new rooms.
After the rooms were framed up, then we hung the drywall and insulated the rooms.
After the drywall was all hung, the next step was the mud all the nail holes before painting.
Under the carpet was wood floors, however they were covered with carpet glue.
Because it was now winter and the there wasn't yet heat throughout the entire building, we set up a temporary wall and heated only the bathroom and bedroom area for the winter of 2010-2011. After we put a coat of primer on the walls, we added a bed to the bedroom so we could sleep at the church during late nights of construction.